Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I saw a real nice Colt Police Positive in .32 Colt new Police caliber today and was wondering if it warrants the $229 asking price. I didn't have time to get a picture. It is a reblue with either new or minty fully checkered Colt grips. serial number was in the 222,XXX range. Action and timing reported as very good. I know the reblue hurts the value, but what do you think about it at this price ? Would it make a good shooter ? Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance, Shoodaddy

·
Registered
778 Posts
Refinishing kills any collector value, unless the model is so rare that few exist period.

I would save your hard earned dollars for a better example, that has not been reblued. Check the auctions for that same model.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi robba, Thanks for the advice. I did exactly what you suggested and checked the auctions. For a little more money I could buy an original unrefinished gun. I will pass on the reblued one as you suggested. Thanks for your time, shoodaddy

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi icdux1, not a problem. Deposit was made as per our agreement. A time frame for total payment was discussed and hopefully everything will work out as agreed upon. I'll let you know how it all turns out, shoodaddy

·
Registered
391 Posts
shoodaddy,
I would second what was said above about saving your money for another better example, as refinishing kills any collector value. I scored a .32 Police Positive with about 95% original finish 2 days ago for $200 OTD in what I thought was a killer deal as I had been looking for one to complete my D frame collection for some time (see my thread ".32 Colt Police Positive" below for details and a picture).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts