Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt my 1922 1st series Woodsman to accommodate a Burris fastfire recently. As it had already been heavily modded there was no problem. I d&t my homemade rib for a piece of rail after removing the iron sights. I used another slide that had been refinished to mount my slide racker into its wide dovetail. I will paint the bare steel with high heat enamel and cook. The mainspring housing is a 2nd series with a grip adapter, the grips are Woodsman military grips. I was getting light strikes so I found a longer ms housing spring and gave the slide a good cleaning. Runs fine now and hits where you put the dot. Planning to use it and my Seekins/ CMMG .22 AR at a local ZSA club’s zombie matches. Fits just fine in my thigh rig. I had been using a stock 2nd series 4.5 MT but I hope the Burris will speed up my shots and make me a little more competitive with those young Cherry Point Marines.
Hand Product Sleeve Textile Denim

Air gun Sleeve Wood Trigger Gun barrel

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Product Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oberon, but there is another Colt like it. I built two of the slab barrel Woodsmans. This one was a great shooter so I built the rib for bigger better sights. Used it to shoot steel chicken matches at an indoor range. Won money with it too. The other Colt didn’t seem to shoot as good and I couldn’t figure out why. These are 1st series MT barrels but have no bulleseye on the left side. Messing with it one day I swapped the trigger and sear with another and it made a huge difference, now it shoots great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts