Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four recalls were attempted but only two made it to the voting booth.

Elections held on Sept.10th and results were that one of the two was successful. Colorado State senate president John Morse, elected in 2006 and a former police chief, would not listen to his constituents and will pay the price.

We'll see if any lessons were learned when the 2014 elections come around. Hopefully Gov.Hickenlooper leads the pack getting on the bus out of town.

My thanks to the residents of Colorado Springs who voted to throw out the trash!

·
Registered
223 Posts
As I understand, both were recalled. HA!!

Outstanding job and congratulations extended to our Colorado members.

Marxists and Radical Liberals who run a hustle,and ignore the will of the people take note around the Country. Ya, I'm looking at YOU, Bloomberg.

Shove your money up your %#+^$&@ **beeeeeeep**.

The people have spoken.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Here's this morning's Fox News article about the recall.
Colorado state senators recalled over gun control support | Fox News

Hats off to the people of Colorado for standing up to politicians who ignore the will of the people, with their imperial attitudes and their separate health care and benefits, huge pensions, salaries, and perks.
I hope citizens in other states realize that they can do the same thing. We have a lot of corruption in Pennsylvania. Even the construction of our state capitol in the early 1900s was rife with graft and kickbacks. Some elected officials and contractors were convicted and jailed. We're now in the 21st century and nothing has changed.

·
Administrator
7,332 Posts
To: ALL MEDIA
For immediate release

September 11, 2013

For more information contact:

Mike Bazinet
203-426-1320

NSSF Issues Statement on Successful Recalls of
Colorado State Senate President Morse & Sen. Giron

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The National Shooting Sports Foundation today issued the following statement after the successful recall elections on Tuesday of State Senate President John Morse and State Sen. Angela Giron:

When legislators fail to represent the beliefs of their constituents, it is up to the voters to fire them. And this is exactly what happened Tuesday in the Colorado Springs district of John Morse and the Pueblo district of Angela Giron. Sens. Morse and Giron chose to forget about their constituents. Instead, Sen. Morse led the hasty effort that led to the passage of a series of highly restricted gun control laws that will do nothing to improve public safety but that did reflect the wishes of national anti-gun organizations, including the one led by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Sen. Giron was a key vote in this ill-considered effort.

On behalf of our members, we congratulate the grassroots effort of the Coloradans who stood up for their Second Amendment rights against a well-financed effort that poured a massive amount of money into the effort to save these seats. Congratulations, too, to Bernie Herpin and George Rivera, who now join the Colorado State Senate and whom we are certain will work diligently to represent the will of their constituents, not forgetting all those who worked so hard to put them in office.
From today's NSSF e-news letter .

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think this is just the beginning, the genie's is out of the bottle with recall elections and we will see more

Reactions: Matchlock

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
You know fellas, it's times like these that make this Canadian, very proud to be an American.

Bud

Four recalls were attempted but only two made it to the voting booth.

Elections held on Sept.10th and results were that one of the two was successful. Colorado State senate president John Morse, elected in 2006 and a former police chief, would not listen to his constituents and will pay the price.

We'll see if any lessons were learned when the 2014 elections come around. Hopefully Gov.Hickenlooper leads the pack getting on the bus out of town.

My thanks to the residents of Colorado Springs who voted to throw out the trash!

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
I think Mr. Hayes is right, and one of the ways to help accomplish this this is to use incidents such as this as the focal point of upcoming campaigns against these people who get into government solely for the benefits and to get their licence to steal.

Bud

I think this is just the beginning, the genie's is out of the bottle with recall elections and we will see more

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I also posted about this recall election in another thread before I saw that this thread was started about an hour before mine.
anyway, it's great news and the 2 recalled politicians got what they deserved!

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
So, when does the Obama recall begin?

Bud
Ain't gonna happen, Bud. He's a rock star, remember.
He can't even work foreign policy. Our stature in the international community is now zero; and Putin has made an embarrasing and complete fool of him. But he will never be recalled.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Ain't gonna happen, Bud. He's a rock star, remember.
He can't even work foreign policy. Our stature in the international community is now zero; and Putin has made an embarrasing and complete fool of him. But he will never be recalled.
Well Mike, the halo has tarnished to tin and I believe the American public are waking up to the deception, blatant lies and the complete breakdown of credibility here and on the International front. This Syrian business has successfully weakened Obama and his cronies but on the same note it pushed Benghazi and the IRS scandals off the front pages.

IMHO, Obama should relinquish the Nobel Peace Prize for being undeserving to hold such an honor AND with Hillary in tow come clean on the Benghazi slaughter in that there were multiple assets available to intervene but that the incompetency of the POTUS and Secretary of State prevented timely intervention and, now a year later, not one group or person responsible has been brought to justice. History will judge him for his weak and wavering leadership skills but his term will expire before any modicum of justice is served or potential removal from office. We can't even count on impeachment due to who would step into the oval office IF he were removed. These are dark and sad times for the American way of life as we used to know it. Disclaimer: These are my opinions and mine alone and do not represent any organization or forum.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
In my life of exactly 6 decades, the only president who's foreign policy was worse was Jimmy Carter. And he is an anti semite to boot. I'm not even going to discuss the current president's domestic policies.
After all, we are skating to the edge of a political and non gun discussion, and I am far too long winded for the members to endure such a tirade.

This president's image will never be tarnished to the extent we hope it would. The media outlets won't support it as they would a republican target. And as Jeff has astutely mentioned, there is simply not enough time in his term to succeed with such an undertaking.
There are too many die hard liberals that really don't examine both sides of the issues. They are incapable of making unbiased decisions. They only listen to news sources that confirm their core beliefs. Even as a conservative I don't trust what conservative politicians and news sources tell me.

A synonym for most politicians is a self promoting and greedy liar, no matter what party or view they support.

In order to make things easier for Mitch, I have said all I needed to and will now bow out of this discussion. I'll be a good boy for the rest of the day! :)

* NRA LIFE MEMBER

·
Registered
477 Posts
The successful recall effort was due in large part to the NRA. Each of us owes them a debt of gratitude, as well as our financial support for the battles yet to come.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Looks like the patriotic pro 2A folks in CO have prevailed. Hopefully anti-gun pols everywhere will take note. It's a shame it took a recall to remove these despots who should never have been elected in the first place. But this whole incident shows that the people can and will prevail. Though an expensive and time consuming endeavor, the recall shows that the people have a Constitutionally legal process to redress grievances with their government and can peaceably remove the faces and names of those who blatantly, willfully disregard the very people entrusted to their care. Congratulations, Colorado!

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
It wasn't JUST the gun control laws they rammed through, it was their entire attitude.
They not only refused to listen to people who didn't want the gun laws, it was the abusive and undemocratic way they shut them out and wouldn't allow them to be heard.
The Senate head even went on MSNBC and bragged about how he'd refused to listen to the people who voted him into office.

There was a group of six men who are members of AR-15.com who started one group that was largely responsible for the recall effort, and one said, a major part of the recall message was "G-D it, LISTEN".

This may have a good effect on other politicians. The message is that they are elected to serve as REPRESENTATIVES of the people, not elected to do whatever they feel like.
Too many politicians have the idea they can tell the voters whatever they need to convince them to vote them into office, and then they can do whatever they want, even if it's diametrically opposed to what the people want.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think you're entirely right, it had to do with attitude the most. My dad once told me " don't get in a pissing match with a man on a balcony ". I never heeded that advice. Co. voters didn't either.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Don't celebrate yet, Ca is banning ALL detachable magazine rifles, and so far nothing on overturning NY ban
It's sitting on the Gov. desk waiting to be signed, I'm hoping he doesn't. Senate Bill 374 (Steinberg) bans the future sale or transfer of and classify ALL semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine or holding more than ten rounds of ammunition as "assault weapons." Continued legal possession would require that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL your semi-autos newly classified as “assault weapons.”

·
Registered
665 Posts
Had a vacation trip planned for Colorado this summer... after the vote, our trip headed to Austin & San Antonio...

Not another dime will go to Colorado

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.