Colt Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Description for Item # 513420141

Here's another Complete Python Package that is In New and Unfired condition! Made in 1975, this Beauty comes complete just the way it left the factory! The 2nd generation grips are just gorgeous!! The Python comes with Original and Matching Box which is in very fine condition, as well as all the factory paperwork and accessories!! This is a gem of a python that looks like it was made yesterday, not 40 years ago!! Beautiful Python Package!! FFL NO Calif!

Hi, I see your the man on this subject. I pulled the trigger on this one yesterday for 3k. Haven't paid yet. Is it legit?

Thx, Matt

·
Registered
57 Posts

Here's another Complete Python Package that is In New and Unfired condition! Made in 1975, this Beauty comes complete just the way it left the factory! The 2nd generation grips are just gorgeous!! The Python comes with Original and Matching Box which is in very fine condition, as well as all the factory paperwork and accessories!! This is a gem of a python that looks like it was made yesterday, not 40 years ago!! Beautiful Python Package!! FFL NO Calif!

Hi, I see your the man on this subject. I pulled the trigger on this one yesterday for 3k. Haven't paid yet. Is it legit?

Thx, Matt
When you bid in an auction and win "IT'S YOUR'S" whether it's real or not I think you need to pay up and hope for the best.
Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I guess I did buy it regardless. The gun is real and I checked the serial numbers etc. I like that its an older one and in good shape but I know it has been shot. I don't know why they put the tag on it like it never has been.....more insulting than anything. I can see a faint turn line regardless so I paid $3024. The reserve was 3k. Thats not bad and I think the boxes are legit I was just checking. I like the ones with the computer box with the colt guys on it and also the hard box with the serial numbers but they are the newer ones. I see so many fake boxes I am inclined to just assume they are fake and pay based on that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get info on what boxes go with what years with pictures? Also would like to know which years came with what paperwork. For instance, the targets that were shot at the factory I see sometimes but others they were not shot or not included at all. The tag has yellow string and white string?? So many fakes it would help. New unfired is how they describe them often which is a crock but you could never prove otherwise. I have also seen many more nice condition blue finish with fake boxes. I know Colt will re-blue the gun but I heard it takes a long time and is $4-500 bucks so i wonder if that's being faked too sometimes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No offense to the previous two inputs above me in this thread, but I am glad finding this information is rather difficult to come by. With all the fraud and copy cat boxes/cases floating around out there as "original", I would rather establish myself with some of the more helpful of the gang here and start a dialogue direct with them vs having them tell all of us - including the copy cat box makers - what to look for. Information is a two way street. Let's not make it easy for the fakers and copy cats out there.

my $0.02

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, Thank you for making this a more pleasurable experience. Spending the kind of money people are asking is not something most do lightly I for one am terrified of being taken to the cleaners on something that means so much to me.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I figure there's so many problems in authenticity of boxes it's just best to assume it's not in the ad. Is the gun reasonable without a box? No? Skip it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That one is legit in my opinion and the $3500 is about the right price too for one with good box. Without box, $2800-$2900 so makes you wonder why a cardboard box is worth close to $1,000. It's not to me. I bought a 1994 with the box. It is a hard case box with some usefulness and has the cardboard box too. They are the picture box cardboard with the smaller hard blue case. It was $2825 with no reserve bid....pretty good deal. Bought a 6" Bright Stainless for $3080 - perfect but no box.....no resever bid as well.....ok deal but had extra grips worth $400 with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ended up buying it. The gun was in very good condition was it flawless no but it was a nice gun to pick up none the less. It was convenient and I honestly prefer a ftf transaction when spending that kind of money. I appreciate all the comments and advice

·
Registered
59 Posts
I appreciate all of your work on this informative post, unfortunately all of the links turned up no longer in the gunbroker system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new here but have been lurking for a bit. I agree with some on here that would like to keep the 'what box with what year and labels' and all of that hard to figure out. It certainly is troubling, all of the counterfeit boxes and manuals and other paperwork. With the money involved in these firearms I am not surprised by the level of fraud. I don't think there is a perfect solution. It becomes very burdensome to become a new collector without the requisite knowledge. I guess it is better to keep everyone in the dark who doesn't already know, than to provide the fraudsters the exact information they need to perpetuate their crimes. Bums me out - but I'm not the type to call for more government programs to stop fraud. Less is more to me in that regard. It would be nice to have a go to person/persons if someone on the forum is looking at making a purchase to send a link or some photos to and get an opinion with no legally binding advice. Otherwise we just need to focus on the important piece of the purchase - the slick and beautiful Colt Python and forget about the dang boxes and paperwork.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Thx, Matt
Here's an example of these parasites recycling old copy:

Currently on Armslist:

Here's another Complete Python Package that is In New and Unfired condition! Made in 1975, this Beauty comes complete just the way it left the factory! The 2nd generation grips are just gorgeous!! The Python comes with Original and Matching Box which is in very fine condition, as well as all the factory paperwork and accessories!! This is a gem of a python that looks like it was made yesterday, not 40 years ago!! Beautiful Python Package!!

LINK

There must be a means to exterminate these rodents.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts