Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for info for restoration of 1919 dated commercial Colt 1911 serial C110xxx. Mainly need sights and original thumb safety lever.

Thanks JMV

·
Registered
779 Posts
Rear sight or front sight or both? If just the rear sight and the thumb safety, go on a fun adventure and find them yourself at a gun show or where ever and install them. Just be careful to match finishes/ The search is part of the fun in owning and maintaining these gems.

·
Registered
476 Posts
A lot depends on what you really would like to have in the end.
I don't know in what part of the States you live, but perhaps you could contact Mr Green, FWIK his works look often like masterpieces, and not only on Lugers.

Thor's Luger Clinic Ted's Luger Strawing Service
Ted Green (Thor Yaller Boots)
725 Western Hills Dr SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
915-526-8925 Email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I second the idea of looking for the parts at gun shows. Or even flea markets. I much prefer vintage parts over repros if at all possible. At one gun show, I saw an arched checkered MSH from an unknown brand of 1911A1. It was in (of all things) what looked to be a jelly jar along with some screws and a a hammer from some kind of single action revolver. I left the show with my wallet lighter by $12 and the MSH in my pocket. The guy didn't even know what a MSH was. I almost felt guilty, but not guilty enough. Well, I couldn't just leave it there in that jar, now could I?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts