Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my first Colt SAA (4 3/4", .45), and now, of course, I have the bug to match it with suitable gun leather. I've been reading the forum as much as possible and there seem to be a lot of good recommendations for holsters. So far, I've been looking a lot at El Paso Saddlery and Rick Bachman at Old West Reproductions. I am having a hard time narrowing down the holster patterns, however. Are there specific patterns you all recommend based on fit and/or your personal experience? I do want something that would be secure/comfortable on horseback (less emphasis on fast draw). The 1880 and 1890 patterns at El Paso and the Pueblo and the Wyoming of Bachman caught my eye - just based on aesthetics. Any other makers I should check out? I like both single and double loops and am not really into the flashy Hollywood style makers.

My preference would be to buy a good used rig from the community here, but I haven't seen much come up in my waist size in the Classified section (pant size is 31"). As such, I'm thinking I might have to buy new.

Any help is much appreciated. I'm always learning something new on these boards.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I would look at triple K holsters , I'm happy with mine . it's modern built and not fancy leather work but very comfortable and practical

·
Banned
110 Posts
Alfonso's of Hollywood makes about as good a Hollywood or John Wayne style holster as there is. They are pricey, but really fine stuff.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with your choice! Look's like great stuff.
I'm thinking of ordering there 1911 Mexican double loop holster for my full size Colt 1911.
Look's like a early Texan Ranger style transitional rig.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You'll be glad you chose Rick over El Paso..My favorite non-antique holster has to be his "Packing Iron" reproduction

1 - 8 of 8 Posts