Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1951 Colt OM Special in .38 spl and was wondering if those with more experience than I have worked up an accurate load using the SNS 148 Grain DEWC Coated Bullets. As always, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently purchased a 1951 Colt OM Special in .38 spl and was wondering if those with more experience than I have worked up an accurate load using the SNS 148 Grain DEWC Coated Bullets. As always, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year!
I've had good luck with 2.5 gr. Hodgdon Clays. But this is out of a Ruger 4" GP-100. Haven't tried it in my new Colt King Cobra yet.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Actually it wasn't 60 consecutive. I did 30 years and then took a break, had a cup of coffee, sat back and admired my work for a few minutes. Decided to get back to work, but was off long enough that I had to refresh myself on the procedure; got back into it for the second 30. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So from all the responses (thank you), I am guessing 2.7 grains of Bullseye is the preferred load!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts