Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEW 2020 COLT PYTHON, 2019 KING COBRA TARGET, AND 2021 ANACONDA REPLACEMENT REAR SIGHT: It appears that Kensight is working on an Elliason type of sight set for Colt's new line of double-action revolvers. This is great news for those who don't like the existing rear sight. "If we wait it out, it will come".

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
This is good news, will keep watching for progress. In the meantime, would LOVE to see Kensight make some proper front sight alternatives for the new Colt DAs. Tritium would be my first choice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is good news, will keep watching for progress. In the meantime, would LOVE to see Kensight make some proper front sight alternatives for the new Colt DAs. Tritium would be my first choice.
Shane at Kensight did mention that he wants to make front sights as well. Plain black (Patridge style) and Tritium were mentioned for front and rear sights. -MH

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds good, but asking Colt or Marbles for their propriety sight CAD/CAM Gcode is likely going to end in disappointment.

If the Colt director of manufacturing can't supply it, seems likely outside forces will have a hard pressed chance.

Why wouldn't anyone want to reverse engineer the sight?

The slop on the current sight is excessive as it is, and no one is looking to make a clone.

I wish it works out, but re engineering from a sample to redesign a new style sight is likely costly and the demand may not be higher enough make buisness sense.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my new 3” barrel Python day before yesterday. (10-26-2022) l payed a little over msrp but l didn’t mind that because l finally found a 3” barrel Python. It was my own fault for not knowing about the rear sight. I had no idea that Colt would produce bad rear sight and put it on a Python.
I didn’t buy this Python to test my gunsmith ability. This is very disappointing. I talked with Shane yesterday at Kensight and he told me the replacement sights are 60 days out. I will now do a temporary repair until the Kensight are available.
I’m very disappointed with Colt on this situation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like what I'm hearing!!!I have all 3(KCT,Py and Conda)and I can not stand the rear adjustable sights. Every time I take one or the other I have to fight the sights to get them right.Saving for a 3" inch KC because of the "fixed" gutter sights just to enjoy a quick trip to the range before running errands for the day.will be looking for these when available. Hopefully they will offer fixed sight also for them which I prefer.im in the city and they only have indoor ranges where I am and really don't have a need adjustable sights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the subject of mount for a red dot. EGW carries a red dot mount that fits the new Anaconda/Python and allows for Trijicon RMR/SRO as well as others. The sight fits perfectly and is the ideal solution for mounting a red dot as low as possible. I have one on my 6" Anaconda (SRO) and can track targets faster than I could with irons.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good, but asking Colt or Marbles for their propriety sight CAD/CAM Gcode is likely going to end in disappointment.

If the Colt director of manufacturing can't supply it, seems likely outside forces will have a hard pressed chance.

Why wouldn't anyone want to reverse engineer the sight?

The slop on the current sight is excessive as it is, and no one is looking to make a clone.

I wish it works out, but re engineering from a sample to redesign a new style sight is likely costly and the demand may not be higher enough make buisness sense.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Kensight is reverse-engineering the sight.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wilson Combat started selling their new 2020 Python sight yesterday. I've got one on the way. (y)

Reactions: Fan45acp

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wilson Combat's website (Colt Python Sights) says that their rear and front sights are for the new (2020) Python and Anaconda models. A kind gentlemen at Wilson Combat checked for me and said that they should also fit the new King Cobra Target model as well. Hopefully the Wilson Combat website will be updated to reflect this, but if not, I strongly recommend contacting them directly before ordering for that model just to be sure.

Looks like a superb improvement!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hopefully someone can verify the KC rear sight fit from personal experience, in theory it should work. The front sights are for sure different heights on the Python vs KC (the KC front is shorter), and the Harrison front sights for the Python are .020 taller than the factory or WC front sights. So lots of room for confusion when buying fronts or sets or especially when mixing and matching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts