Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been collecting Colt double actions for almost 5 years. Before that I was completely directionless. I fell in love with anything that had a rampant Colt stamped on the side plate. Many of you have been very inspirational with your words of wisdom, your photos of boxed and near mint early (50+ years old and mostly pre-war) double action revolvers.

In the last several minutes I posted regarding a 98% condition, boxed 38 spl Bankers model mfg. in 1930 that isn't coming home to me. I have a story on this gun and it's not even my gun. My heart is broken.

Soon you will begin to see some of my Colt's for sale. They are not misfits. I'm not writing this post to promote the sale. I will place them on the forum first but after a couple of weeks they will go to gun shows or listed online. My quest requires cash.

This post is written to confirm a turning point in my Colt collecting career. A couple years ago these Colts didn’t exist because I wasn’t seeking them out. Today, the pleasure is in the pursuit of the hunt. The pleasure is the treasure hunt. Why do people hang mounted deer heads on their basement wall? The captured treasure will not get away as some have in the past.

The last 5 years brought some rare finds. The boxed 5" barreled Cobra, the un-cataloged 1926 New Service 45 acp, the blued Commando, the factory lettered Aircrewmen, the boxed (with contents) 22 cal Bankers Special, the nickeled M357 with target stocks, the 1950's .22lr Troopers with target stocks all which occurred in the last 2 years. These treasures are not for sale.

Last of all, a special thanks to Gary. You created a monster and I owe my addiction to you. You are "the coach" and you weaned me when the time was right. Bud, Bob and Bill (and many many others), you're so kind with your words and thank you for sharing your thoughts of wisdom.

LET THE FUN BEGIN. What treasures can be found in the next 30 years? Only time will tell and yes I will share.

·
Registered
526 Posts
please please please post a pic or 12 of the Aircrewman...

im an old Air Force guy and started collectiong US martial arms...

would love to have one but cant swing the jing right now...

thanks

david

1 - 2 of 2 Posts