Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Thoughts then on refinishing say just the cylinder for a nickel python? I have a 1969 4" nickel python that I got and it looked nearly unfired, but I fired it anyway. My disappointment came when I came back from the range and noted that the cylinder had some nickel flaking off it - devastating to me. Should I
1. skip the refinish,
2. refinish just the cylinder (or would that now be a mismatched finish?), (by Colt - maybe if they do it the value would not depreciate?)
3. find a replacement cylinder/extractor in Nickel, or
4. refinish the whole gun? (again, by Colt)

Appreciate anyone's thoughts on that. I actually have it for sale on GB now to see what I can get for it - if I cant get my reserve price (what I have into it), I'll consider refinish options.

1969 4" Nickel Colt Python w/Gen 2 near Mint Grips : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

· Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Wow thanks so much for the great information and guidance. I'll likely let this auction run its course and pull the auction down after that. I really like the Python and feel that I'm really one of the first shooters of it. And I am very careful in removing the screw. Screwdriver link is excellent thank you now I have to do is wait till the fall and send it in when I start taking orders again a colt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.