Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or heard of Rem. Oil Wipes w/Teflon to wipe down their guns? I was looking for a silicone cloth but have not found one yet, saw these at Wal-Mart and thought I'd give them a try. Have not used one yet. Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
149 Posts
Silcone cloth normally right in same area. Never tried on a gun didn't work worth a dam on baby . Diaper kept slipping off Kid to slick.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Michael. I'll be using them this week for the first time, on my guns that is. I'll let you know if they are worth the price.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
It seems to me that packaged wipes are handy at the range or in the field but not necessarily cost effective for bench use. Others like CLP and Hoppes also package wipes. Real question is, what do you want to wipe and leave on your guns. If it's REM oil, then that's one way. If it's not, then.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A1A, I think you're right. Just using them until I find a silicone cloth. Dick's Sporting Goods carries them but they were out the last time I checked.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Long ago and far away I lived in the place where Dick's started as a one store discount sporting goods outlet. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right. At Dick's they have a huge picture of Dick and his brother at their first store. Talk about growth!!! Only in America.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I finally got to use one yesterday to clean up my shotgun after shooting sporting clays. If you don't use them often ($5.00) I think they're great. After using solvent to clean the gun, I just took a Rem wipe and wiped down the gun and it removed the rest of the GPR from the gun. It was convenient and quick. I didn't want to use my silicone cloth because it would have really got it dirty. Just FYI. Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts