Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good friend of mine owns a small gunshop in even a smaller community. he's got a remington 541s he says i need to buy ($650). rifle is excellent (98%) condition with box and all related factory paperwork accompanied with two magazines. one mag is the plastic and the second is metal, both 5 rounders. in addition, the rifle is coming with a redfield period scope and rings; nice packqage i would say. i'm just not knowledgeable in the 541; ive always been into revolvers and pistols. what can u folks tell me about the 541 S.......txs as always for ur input ....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Excellent gun. Accurate, good quality, and easy to sell should you decide to. Go to rimfire central for more information. I would grab it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
A Remington 541S is a great rifle that does not come up for sale very often. I think the plastic mag came with the gun. I would buy it in a second if it is as nice as described.

·
Registered
350 Posts
They are top of the line sporting rifles that shoot like target rifles...I have the cheaper field grade 581 and it will drive tacks if I do my part.Snatch it up.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a Rem 541 T that will outshoot my Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle. The 541 T wears a Leupold 4x rimfire compact and the Cooper wears a Leupold 6x18.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well guys, I " pulled the trigger" on the 541 s . If I can figure out picture posting , I'll get a set up for viewing . txs as always for input . I'll post a range report as soon as I can get to the shop and pick the rem up .

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
The Remington 541S is a fine little rifle. I've owned a few and most of my friends have, too, and they all shot very well. And they are quite handsome, too.

- - - - Buckspen

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought a 541S custom sporter with a 2x7 leupold scope on it at an estate sale last year for $60.00
The father passed away and his son and daughter in law wouldn't have a gun in their house so they wanted to get rid of it and had it marked with a tag for $60.00 and I bought it. I even told them it was worth quite a bit more, but he said I just want it out of here.
It is a very very accurate rifle.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My father in law has one. at 50 yards i was shooting the fingers off of a bart simpson doll.....perfect target.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts