Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you all think Looks too good to be true to me. From the AD copy:

Factory Original Colt Model of 1908 "Vest Pocket" Hammerless Semi-automatic Pistol chambered for .25 cal cartridges with a Nickel finish. This beautiful vintage Colt bearing serial number 340666 was manufactured in 1924.......................

This very clean example retains nearly all its less common factory applied Nickel finish throughout with the only signs of loss being on the sharp edges and around the grip edges as shown. It also has a couple of miscellaneous handling marks, and a very small compression mark at the muzzle as well. Likely this one spent most of its life in someone’s night stand or office drawer. The Nickel finish is bright and shiny with nice vivid Colt roll markings. This little beauty is absolutely all factory original with a bright bore and it functions excellent

·
Registered
210 Posts
Stampings are solid. No dished holes. What I really look for is the line between the flats on the slide and the round top. Very hard to mantian a crisp line there with a re-finish (unless it's a factory COLT re-finish).
I say original.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Original to me. Lettering is crisp and typically the Rampant Stallion on the left rear of the slide would be washed out in a refinish. Really nice little VP.

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
Look at the "VP" stamp and see if it appears to cut into the nickel. If the gun has original finish, then the "VP" stamp should be cut into the nickel, and should tend to catch one's fingernail when drug across the stamp.

Looks original to me.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Waaay too crisp for yer typical refinish. It looks like the genuine article in the photos. Waaay too nice.
Now go get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts