Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I hear much positive talk about Ren Wax for nice finishes on our babies.

My 1st question is what will it do for, or is it any good for older worn guns with little to no finish left or even Damascus barrels? I have a few old Dbl. Barrel colts that were not stored properly and have a light powdery rust (very Lite ) that after wiping the guns down with PB Blaster still have a rough feel to them. I have wondered for some time if I should try some wax on them.

Second question. I have been told to use a certain product on my old leather. Starts with a "P". I cant recall the name. Any one know it? I was told not to use anything else on my old holsters.

Thanks as always, Jeff

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Guns with little to no finish may not benefit from Ren Wax but it certainly will NOT harm them.

I'd personally just apply a light coat of Eezox, wipe down and leave the Ren Wax for the higher grade finish guns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.