Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marvel Precision, the company that makes top flite 1911 .22 Conversion Units now sells replacement magazine springs that will fit Colt or Metalform magazines. Cost is $6.00 each + shipping. You have to call or email to order. The replacement magazine springs are NOT listed on their website. I've ordered 4 and will update this thread after I try them. I haven't found a source for these springs previously. I did purchase one of Wolff Gunsprings generic .22 magazine springs and installed it in one of my Colt magazines and it didn't work worth a damn. Marvel Precision also sells plastic replacement magazine followers that have a steel insert for the slide hold open. They are $14.00 each + shipping. I have several of these and they work like a charm.

https://www.marvelprecision.com/

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
***UPDATE***
I purchased 4 of the replacement magazine springs from Marvel Precision. I had a chance to try them this afternoon and they all function perfectly.
The old spring is pictured on the left. The new spring is identical in appearance and obviously longer (has 4 more coils-21 vs 17 on the old spring).

IMG_2471.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts