Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Read on another forum that writer David Fortier of Firearms News reported that Colt is dropping the New M16/A1 re-issue program. It didn't link the article so I'm not sure what his source is. Anybody seen this report?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Was the M16A1 ever re-issued by Colt to begin with?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was the M16A1 ever re-issued by Colt to begin with?
Yeah, maybe in name only. I know the 2017 Retro M16A1 Tribute Rifle was to be a limited run. The other forum member referenced Fortier's article as implying the production stopped short of that goal. I have no interest in one; were way too pricey for me but if the story is true and for those who have been pondering one it maybe time to put the spur to the hide.

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
Maybe Colt was trying to simply test the waters for a continued run...maybe sales were less than expected. I'm pretty sure the re-issue was planned prior to the 2016 election when anything they made was sold out quickly and any run...no matter how limited...would be expected to sell out. Since the election and the resulting far lower gun sales volume across the board by everyone, it's not surprising at all if this limited run becomes more limited than expected and hoped for.

Reactions: Bullet Bob
1 - 5 of 5 Posts