Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gents,
I have two new Colt hammer shrouds that have sitting around for 25 or so years and they seem to be of differing type in the style of the rampant Colt, position one facing rearward, another one in the upright "Hi Yo Silver" position. Can anyone identify the approximate vintage of each respective shroud? I got my kid to do the photoshop thing so hopefully the photos will help-besides everyone likes pictures, except when it comes to beautiful women, there's just no substitute...hey fellow collectors i'm reposting for feedback on id'ing vintage of two hammer shrouds that I will eventually offer here on forum to members. Not shopping for value, just trying to narrow down a specific time period Thanks in advance for any insight.

Style 1 pictures

Style 2 pictures

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I have a Colt Shroud Kit similar to your style 2 that came complete with the box, srews, taps and instructions. The instructions are marked Form 930 AL 1-53 that I believe indicates 1953. The overall finish of mine appears to be a soft matte blue. Possibly your style 1 is more of a polished blue and may be later?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jackson, I was under the impression that style #2 with the more stylize rampant Colt is the earlier vintage of the two. I had no solid evidence other than casual observation over the years and what members have posted here on the forum. Although original factory configeration cannot always be determined outside of a factory letter. Your assessment of the instruction form revision date makes sense as well. Can I trouble you to pdf a copy of the complete instructions if you don't mind? Thanks in advance. Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts