Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Target front sight. I need information on the thread specifications to purchase the correct thread chaser to freshen up the large rear screw that tightens down the front adjustable sight. I can't very well walk into a hardware store as I live in Chicago. Also, we are in DIRE need of gunsmith recommendations anywhere in the west or north or Chicago to have our old Colts worked on. Many contemporary smiths cannot time a double action !!!!! Thanks, Thad

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,244 Posts
Sorry, but I can't help on the thread size.

For a Colt qualified pistolsmith you'll probably have to be willing to send them out.

Our go-to is forum member Frank Glenn in Arizona.
He's a Master pistolsmith and has prices and turnaround that are excellent and does top of the line quality work to Colt factory standards.

Frank Glenn-Glenn Custom Complete Gunsmithing Service Glendale AZ

Here's a link to a list of "POSSIBLE" good Colt pistolsmiths. Note that most are not known to forum members so buyer beware.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/306946-colt-v-spring-python-gunsmith-thread.html

Also, there's a new member, SpartanFC who was trained at Colt by one of Colt's top pistolsmiths, Don Tedford.
See his post and contact info in this post....

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/python/335794-need-python-repair-location.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
TJM,
I just saw your request for help. I can help you with your timing problems. I was trained at the Colt Factory in 1968 and have worked on Colt Double Action revolvers for 50 years. I have all the factory tools and parts necessary for any repair and retiming of Colt Double action revolvers. From your description I assume your revolver is a New Service Target. If you have not already solved the problem of the front sight screw thread size give me a call or e-mail me the exact description and/or photograph of your revolver and I should be able to help. Since our shop is in Michigan we are not far away. Best regards, Len

1 - 3 of 3 Posts