Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings , i have three colt .357 magnums and they all came with pachmeyer grips , i am trying to determine which wooden grips are correct form each one .the problem is the the silver medalion , i have two different ones.., can someone post what the silver medalions on there own magnums close to my serial number??
the first is in the 28Xx serial number range.
the second is in the 21,xxx serial number range.
and the third in the 28,xxx serial number range.
many thanks for all your help, rj /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,914 Posts
On the 357, it depends on whether they were shipped with target grips, or Service grips.
There's really no way to tell without a factory letter.

In the serial ranges you listed, the first gun, if fitted with Target grips, would have the fully checkered models pictured above.

For the later guns, they would have been fitted with the second type Colt Target grips shown below.
All would "probably" have had Silver medallions, but with Colt, you never know, they could have been Gold.

Second Type Colt Target grips, as used from the late 50's-late 60's.

Service grips as used on many 357's

·
Registered
72 Posts
icdux1 -- I've been searching high and low for a set of grips like the ones in your picture. I think they came off an early Python. I have an early Python but not the grips. I assume yours are not for sale but can you tell me a little bit of how you came across them? Maybe you can help me in my "Quest". thanks!

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
bubba,these would not be correct for python as they have the silver medallions. every python i have seen has the gold medallions. a nice pr. of python grips are very hard to find at a reasonable price.yes i would sell or trade them.i always look at the larger gunshows, small gun/pawn shops. these came from the estate of a retired peace officer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
icdux1 -- Send me a private message on my username and we can discuss. I still might be interested but we probably shouldn't take up space here as I think were beyond the intent of this forum...Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts