Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been getting quite a few firearms in that were damaged by the Fire Storms that raged through Northern California a few months ago. Of the 5 revolvers we received from a single household, we finished the restoration work on one of their Colt Pythons. Here are some of the Before and After photos of this 6-inch Python. What do you think?

When we complete the restoration of their next other Colt revolvers, we will post Before and After photos of them as well.

Custom Shop, Inc., is a Colt Recommended Repair & Restoration Center.

FIRE DAMAGED HANDGUNS 045 SM.jpg 37352 COLT PYTHON 6 INCH 357 MAG 011 SM.jpg FIRE DAMAGED HANDGUNS CLOSE-UPS 008 SM.jpg 37352 COLT PYTHON 6 INCH 357 MAG 013 SM.jpg

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Not often do you see a refinished Python actually increase in value. Sometimes you have no choice but to refinish, and I think it came out great!

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Bravo your Python. I have a 50 year restoration history mostly in the flintlock period & a few in more recent times.

Colt 1902 Sporting I bought for parts found EXC innards. I did the prep & Turnbulls the markings & charcoal blue --

'49 Colt, 1960s house fire melted its brass, enabling me to get as close as possible to a Paterson --

S&W Triple Lock $135 1982 total DIY rescue --

To avoid boredom only one oldie -- a 1610 Snaphaunce pistol Found in distress, restored it & owner fires it --

·
Registered
256 Posts
Outstanding job with the Python. I would love to see more before and after pics of other guns.

Were you able to restore the grips or were they replaced?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Beautiful restoration work! I hope I never need any of it, but it's good to know what can be done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts