Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OBITUARY: Reeves C. Jungkind, 86, of Llano dies Oct. 8, 2013Posted on 08 October 2013. Tags: Llano obituary
Reeves C. Jungkind, 86, of Llano, Texas, went to be with his Lord on Oct. 8, 2013, surrounded by his family.
Born in Pontotoc, Texas, on Aug. 9, 1927, he graduated from Burnet High School in 1945.
Reeves served in the U.S. Army from 1945 to 1948 and was honorably discharged as a corporal. He graduated from the Department of Public Safety Academy at Camp Mabry in 1953, becoming a Texas highway patrolman posted in Wharton. After 14 years, he became the firearms training officer and pistolsmith at the DPS Academy in Austin, retiring in 1992 as a staff lieutenant. He then held a Special Texas Ranger Commission.
He was a life member of both the National Rifle Association, in which he served on the board of directors, and the Texas State Rifle Association, of which he was president from 1985 to 1986. He was a member of the Texas State Rifle Association’s executive council and previously served as the director in the Police Pistol Division. He was a life and charter member of the Police Marksman Association, serving on the advisory board, and a member of the Texas Police Association.
Reeves was a custom pistolsmith, specializing in the Colt Python. He held or shared 17 national records in Police Combat Pistol Competition, Distinguished. He was the Texas state champion three times. He held many shooting exhibitions and gun safety talks. He graduated from the Firearms Administrators School at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va.
Reeves was inducted into the Texas Highway Patrol Hall of Fame on Nov. 5, 2005.
He is survived by his wife, Lila of Llano; sons, Dr. Donald Jungkind and wife Kim of Horseshoe Bay and Eric Jungkind and wife Cheryl of Fort Worth; stepson, Greg Culp and wife Delynn of Glen Rose; grandsons, David, Jon Eric and Daniel; step-grandson, David; granddaughters, Jan and Rachel; step-granddaughters, Rebekah and Miriam; great-grandchildren, Max, Haley and Levi; step-great-grandchild, Madelynn; and a host of family and friends.
Family visitation is 6-8 p.m. Oct. 11 at Waldrope-Hatfield-Hawthorne Funeral Home, 307 E. Sandstone in Llano, (325) 247-4300. A funeral service is 10 a.m. Oct. 12 at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Reeves’ memory may be made to a charity of your choice

Read more: OBITUARY: Reeves C. Jungkind, 86, of Llano dies Oct. 8, 2013

·
Premium Member
Collect older handguns from Colt and S&W primarily
430 Posts
Thanks for the information davep67 however sad it may be. Having shot PPC competition in the 1980's I'm familiar with Reeves Jungkind's name and reputation as both a competitor and a gunsmith. Sounds like he had a full life and accomplishments to be proud of; my condolences to his family.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Former (?) member d.r.e. posted an analysis of a Jungkind Python a few years ago IIRC. I will try to find it later or if someone can put a link in this thread that would be a good addition.

·
Registered
103 Posts
RIP. Years ago I tried a Reeves customized Python - smoothest double action. It was very heavy though with the Bomar sight rail and extra barrel underlug. Rarely see his works these days.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I knew Reeves from my LE days in South Texas. He was a fine officer and a gentleman. As Bill Jordan said of good men "He'd do to ride the river with."
R.I.P. compadre.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts