Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip to Las Vegas. While I was there I stopped in the Gun Shop which is only 3 miles from the strip. I rented 3 sub-machine guns and it was great. This was my first experience with full auto and I liked it. In my pansy state (The People's Republic of Illinois) full auto weapons are not allowed for us peasants. I know, there are worse states, but not many and we have politicans that are working hard at making it worse. But I digress. The people at the Gun Store were friendly and helpful. I recommend it to anybody that finds themselves in Las Vegas. I rented a M1A1 Thompson .45 ACP, a Colt M16 9MM, and a M3A1 Grease Gun .45 ACP. All three were great and I would have a tough time deciding between them. They had quite a variety to choose from and if I am ever back I will try some more of their machine guns.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would take the Thompson since it is the best quality of the three. Here in Virginia, The Old Dominion, we can have Class III guns, but they are so expensive. Thompsons, even the WWII type go for about $25K.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not cheap. A big problem is the limited supply. All civilian full auto guns had to be registered by 1986. There is no longer any new supply. I sure would like them to change this. I heard rumors that there may be a amnesty for war trophies in the works. In today's political climate, I think this would be an uphill battle. There are supposed to be quite of few unregistered machine guns in civilian hands but they cannot be bought or sold due to severe penalty of possession.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts