Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Python a week or so back, and part of the deal was an extra pair of grips. These are composite/plastic wood grain that look suspiciously like the dashboard of my '69 Montego. Anyway, the company that made them, Rogers Holsters Company, was in Jacksonville, FL, but I don't think they're still around. Anyone know about this company? The grips are finger groove combat style, and are virtually new in box. Do they have any value, perhaps as a novelty item?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I see them now and again on Pythons and Troopers on auction and have had a couple pass through my inspection period. I don't think they are particularly sought after, but they are "period", like NIB and made/distributed in Florida, so isn't everything collectible? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I tend to like stocks, so I guess I am biased. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,703 Posts
I seem to recall that Rogers was an ex-FBI man who made holsters and grips.

He later was involved with Safariland who made copies of his designs.
Safariland made Rogers grips, which were available in black or wood grain plastics, and in versions for square and round butt S&W's, Colt Python, and for the 1911.

The Rogers grips may have been copied by Hogue in their Mono-Grip designs.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that you mention it, the Rogers grips do look an awful lot like Hogues.

Thanks very much for the replies, gents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts