Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I've had once since I was about 17. That's a long, long time. Bought it at a gun show in NC, then when I went in the Navy, was able to take it down to my A school base and store it on the quarterdeck (building) and check it out whenever I wanted to go shooting. It was a different time. After the Navy, it was my only .22 rifle for many years, and shot a lot of rattle snakes with it out west the past 31 years. Got 3 last year with it, two on the front porch blocking entrance. My wife has shot one with it, about 20 years ago. They called the Sharps "old reliable", but I really should use that phrase for my Rossi .22 pump. It's always nearby. Now I have a "real" one, a Winchester 62, but I honestly trust the Rossi more when a snake is rattling on the back porch.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
One thing I'll say about the Rossi, and it's progenitor the Winchester 1890, is that action isn't exactly smooth. You have to pump it with alacrity. There were lots of pump .22s made, I'd probably try another model at some point if I were shopping for another pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts