Colt Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
The only thing I ever shot with mine was a rabid raccoon that came into my yard. Because my dog tangled with it and it tested positive, I had to go for the rabies shots. If you ever have to shoot a rabid animal, don't shoot them in the head, they need the brain to test for rabies.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I only have one 22 pump, a Colt small frame Lightning in .22 short and long. I have considered adding another 22 pump that will take 22 LR ammo and the Rossi is one that I would strongly consider. Henry also makes a nice little 22 pump that is "all American"!

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
I have a little carbine from the early 2000s. An X girlfriend left it behind and never came back for it. Great little rifle. I didn't realize they were making them again. I can't stand how the trigger and trigger guard look on the new ones. Really ugly.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
One thing I'll say about the Rossi, and it's progenitor the Winchester 1890, is that action isn't exactly smooth. You have to pump it with alacrity. There were lots of pump .22s made, I'd probably try another model at some point if I were shopping for another pump.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts