Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not for sale. Just trying to get an idea of its worth. Bought this about 30 years ago. Foolishly tossed the box, but back then it was intended to be a shooter. That never happened. Life took over and to this day it remains unfired. Hard to find a recent completed sale so I'm asking the pros. What say you?
Air gun Wood Trigger Grey Gun barrel
Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood stain
Material property Gun accessory Gun barrel Air gun Trigger
Musical instrument Wood Textile Sleeve Beige

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Google can be your friend.

Further.... The first google listing in regards... There is certainly more available.

As a side note:
The Side Plate as shown on your Double S could use a little adjustment up to insure its lower contour matches/is flush with the frame.

Regards,
Tom Platt
[email protected]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Further.... The first google listing in regards... There is certainly more available.

As a side note:
The Side Plate as shown on your Double S could use a little adjustment up to insure its lower contour matches/is flush with the frame.

Regards,
Tom Platt
[email protected]
Like I said, a recent sale.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

As a side note:

Regards,
Tom Platt
[email protected]
I'm not touching that side plate. This is the way it came from the factory .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just looking for an honest valuation. Like I said, it's not for sale. I honestly didn't know it's rarity until about 5 years ago. I've only ever seen 1 other 4 1/2" barrel double s. I'm sure there are more.

·
Registered
372 Posts
In 1969 Colt restarted serial numbers with a 00 prefix at 001001S. That series reached 099999S in 1976, then passed 100000S and reached 101336S before it was noticed by Colt that numbers used in 1952 were being duplicated. In order to salvage the 1,336 guns already numbered past 100000S, they were hand stamped with an "S" prefix as well as having the "S" suffix, thus creating the "Double S" variation. All known examples are Huntsman pistols.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts