Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate to be the new guy doing this kind of thing, but these are being sold as part of an estate. Bluebook (dated info before it even reaches the printer) and closed auctions have been consulted, but I would like to have an educated opinion. I will have much better photos as of Wednesday, but until then, here goes: First is a Police Positive target in .22WRF, SN 102X puts production at 1910. Perfect mechanically, and finish almost as good. The killer is a ~1/2" section on the side of the top strap that has some wear on one side. Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

Number 2 is a New Pocket DA, SN 45X (1894.) Again mechanically sound, but finish at ~60-70 (I always go low on estmates.) with patina (I really hate the term.) Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I would go to $700 on the PP Target given that it is a first year gun and in what looks like high condition. I just love these guns. My favorite Pre-War DA Colt. I have no idea on the New Pocket DA. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all the help! I will be taking a real camera and backdrop over tomorrow for a photo shoot, and will post better photos if anyone would care to see them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I didn't have feeler gauges to check gap, but both are tight, with no play in the cylinder. Timing and lock up are 100%. Also, the grip on the New Pocket isn't chipped. I have a better photo that shows it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again, I'm sorry for pushing the bounds of forum etiquette. Feel free to PM me, and I will explain the situation.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Decent Colts, the PP Target is chambered fro an obsolete cartridge, condition not high my guess and I emphasize guess would be about $400 tops in the Texas market. The other condition issues again $300 to $350 around here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! I really want to help the family out, but don't want to be unrealistic like some of the recent auctions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts