Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I am mainly talking about the shape / size of the hammer, the rear of the frame top strap, and the squared shape of the gripframe ears. They are all wrong and the hammer in particular looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
479 Posts
This Roy Rogers gun is an Armi San Marco. If Uberti had built this gun in 1990 they would have used their set screw hammer with the elongated slot in back that showed the safety block spring. Until about 5 years ago they were very stubborn about using this hammer. This screwy gold hammer here has got to be an ASM invention.

Other thing is, I don't think Uberti had made a BP frame by 1990.

·
Registered
Been a dedicated Gun owner since a
604 Posts
I don't think the gun is old enough to have been owned by RR either, I guess you saw where there was a bankruptsy sale of items from Roy's museum and his double holster and pair of SAA revolvers sold for $90,000.00. These were the guns he used in the TV series and his last movies. Don't know what happened to Trigger, Buttermilk and Bullett!

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
I think the various stuffed pets were sold at auction. Seems like I remember Trigger bringing a ton of money.

·
Registered
370 Posts
For what it's worth, the GB seller is SWFA, a riflescope and optics dealer here in Texas. SWFA has a reputation in the industry for being honest and above-board, and good folks to do business with. I've purchased from them myself, as have my friends.

So I don't think they're trying to pull anything intentionally misleading.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
The seller takes a lot of good pictures and doesn't make claims as to originality but leaves that up for the bidders to decide.

They sold a renickled factory engraved single action a few weeks ago for $28K that I'm sure the poor bidder thought was original nickle.

But in the description he said "nickle" and the factory letter called for "nickle" so I guess the nickle had to be original? :)

Reactions: FFF21
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.