Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a tough time finding a manufacture date for my Ruger .44 Mag carbine. Serial on left side of receiver is 105518. Can anybody help? Thx and happy Thanksgiving!

·
Premium Member
5,188 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is a good rifle in .44 mag., the early ones had a built in magazine, the later ones have a clip. i have the early one (two types {the early one named "deer slayer" which had to changed it })
Yep, built in mag. A tack driver at 75yds.
Had a Williams peep sight on it when I got it 45 years ago. I put over/under mounts and a 4X scope on it. Still have the peep for it.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Some of the tube fed ones had a problem with stock cracking if I remember correctly. I own a later version with the rotary magazine like on the 10/22’s, they are fast handling and accurate. Great for hogs and black bear in brushy country.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Some of the tube fed ones had a problem with stock cracking if I remember correctly. I own a later version with the rotary magazine like on the 10/22’s, they are fast handling and accurate. Great for hogs and black bear in brushy country.
mine has worked fine with the tube magazine for years. the seperat magazine has some problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts