Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this mint Ruger MKII with a 10" barrel. Very clean gun.

Broke it down and cleaned it last night. It appears to have been shot very little.

Will head to Reds Gun range this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Best shot laying on your back, supine with the barrel resting against your boot. Don't shoot your toes off :p

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations! I don't see them with the 10 inch barrel that often. I have several mark II's with the target (Government model-Bull) barrel 6 7/8. They are very accurate. The 10 inch must be like shooting a rifle. :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from Reds and here is my report:

1. Hi Standard 103 Sport King: Shot 50 rounds with 2 hiccups (Failure for slide to fully engage the next round) but was accurate at 21' (about a 3" grouping).
2. Old ruger MKI had a few hiccups with original mag but no issues with MKII mags. Fairly accurate with 28 rounds shot. About the same grouping as the Hi Standard.
3. Ruger MKII th 10" barrel. Very accurate and fun to shoot. Shot at distances of 21' and 45' and in different scenarios (repetitive shooting vs one shot every 3 seconds or so) At 21 feet and one shot every 3 seconds about a 1.75" group and 3" group at 45'. Repetitive shooting at 21' was 3.5" groupings and at 45' at about 4.5" groupings.

the only thin I am getting for the 10"ruger is Hogue grips a the original white grips are too nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts