Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi HoosierHandgunner,
Enjoyed your Youtube video (talk to us more). I've always been a fan of the Sec. Six. I can't say it's underrated but I think among all the Smith and Colt folks it is certainly under appreciated. I bought my first one in '77. It is a 6" bbl in stainless. Still have it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi HoosierHandgunner,
Enjoyed your Youtube video (talk to us more). I've always been a fan of the Sec. Six. I can't say it's underrated but I think among all the Smith and Colt folks it is certainly under appreciated. I bought my first one in '77. It is a 6" bbl in stainless. Still have it.
Thank you! They are a great revolver, built well and will last a lifetime

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I've still got my 1979 blue 6" NIB but I have a blue and a SS 4" for use. Great guns

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I've always been a fan of the Sec. Six. I can't say it's underrated but I think among all the Smith and Colt folks it is certainly under appreciated.
I am a hardcore Colt fan and a 4" Security Six is way up on my to-buy list. Still kicking myself for missing out on one a few years ago. I agree that the prices on these great revolvers certainly seem to be headed up.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I inherited my dads 4" blue Security Six that he bought back around 1974. its super nice, looks brand new with no turn line, I bet he didn't shoot 20 rounds thru it, but he had it just in case he needed it

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never owned a Ruger Security Six despite knowing they are one of the best values out there. I have shot a few as they were common among my fellow deputies, before the semis took over.
They were some high quality sidearms for those on a budget.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the Service Six which is the Seurity's brother only with fixed sights. It is a well made revolver that performs better than I can shoot!LOL

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
my father gave me a 2 3/4" sec six back in 1970's. I still have it and will till I die. It shoots fine I put a wolf spring in it to help trigger pull and the old houge monogrips They look great on it. They are Good solid guns.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Security Six was the first revolver that I bought in 1972. Still have it. I love Colt style and S&W history, but if you want a revolver that will shoot full patch loads from now until you get carpal tunnel the Security Six is your gun. Read about the promotional demonstrations done for a variety of police forces in South America. They included throwing the gun across a hanger floor, and (I believe) driving over it with a truck and other dramatic demos. They are typical Rugers, built strong, can be worked on by a person with a screw driver, a paper clip and a piece of fine grit sandpaper. For the people who say they aren't as accurate as a Colt or Smith, you need to, in the words of an old Texas Ranger, "Get down on them sights".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts