Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was debating on selling my S&W model 64-3, but I was wanting to see what would be a fair asking/selling price. It's in good used shape locks up tight with little or no play, has a smooth trigger pull and is pretty accurate (relative to my shaky hand). It is the stainless 38 with the pinned barrel and original wood grips. It a great shooting gun and lots of fun, but has to go due to the replacement on the way (Python). So any insight or advise would be appreciated. I can post pics later if someone needs me to, but I just trying to get an estimate. Thanks in advanced. Travis

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The value would also depend on the barrel length (2, 3 or 4 inches) and whether it is a round butt or a square butt.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Those Smiths are tough pieces. Just before I left the City police department for the Prosecutors office. We carried the 64 4 inch with a bull barrel. I put a lot of rounds down the pipe of that old gun, and it never once failed, and was very accurate. Condition of the weapon would be a factor on price. Perhaps if you posted a pic of the gun, you could get a better estimate of value.Blade

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
It's the stainless steel rendition of the great Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel. One could do a lot worse than have one or two of these stainless steel revolvers on hand. If the blued one can make a good "go anywhere and do anything" revolver just imagine what stainless steel can do.

There's one just like you Model 64, also featuring the pinned barrel, for $475 (buy-it-now). Other 4-inch heavy barrel Model 64s seem to be going for a bit under $400. A lot of ex-lawman 4-inch Model 64s are out there. The Model 64 snubs generally sell for a bit of a premium.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.