Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this Smith up last year and I was just wondering how people think a gun like this stacks up against a similar Colt Python? All things considered! The Smith is a 686-4, 7-shot .357 Mag, factory ported and factory "Dynomite" grips, from the Performance Center in about 1997. I got it for $550 but it should have been more.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Air gun
Revolver Gun Metal Carbon Muffler
Gun Revolver Auto part Metal Steel

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
For a number of years I shot a S&W Performance Center 627-3 .357 magnum.

I had the occasion to shoot it against my '78 Python. The Python grouped consistently better at every distance I shot both guns! :cool:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I bought mine so I could preserve my Python as it is just too collectible to holster, take out and shoot hundreds of rounds. But with the 686 no hesitation and it groups nicely at 25yards.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Product

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
EVERY L-FRAME I have had would absolutely eat alive any of the three Pythons I have owned. Accuracy was far superior and velocities were higher in EVERY case. By the way, this also applies to the S&W K-frames I also tested against those three damndable Pythons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.