Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We could all use a distraction, and who doesn't like a good, "if I ran that company..." forum chat.

How about selecting two S&Ws no longer in production you wish they'd bring back, and a third they've never offered but logically could?

I'll start.

Bring back:

Model 14, 6" full lug, wood finger groove grips, patrdidge front sight. Had one, sold it, regret it.
Model 13- the world needs a blue fixed sight K-frame .357 right now.

Should make:

A 610 or 310 Mountain Gun in 10mm. Come on! It'd sell...honest.

How about you?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The one gun I always wanted but never made (except for extremely rare special orders), was a N frame in 22. It wouldn’t make sense but if I ran the company I’d be constantly building toys for myself. Probably wouldn’t be running the company long tho ;).

Bring back: Model 45 (fixed sight K frame) in 22 and magnum for women and people like me.

Make: 44 special on improved J magnum frame

Reactions: saintclair

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
We could all use a distraction, and who doesn't like a good, "if I ran that company..." forum chat.

How about selecting two S&Ws no longer in production you wish they'd bring back, and a third they've never offered but logically could?

I'll start.

Bring back:

Model 14, 6" full lug, wood finger groove grips, patrdidge front sight. Had one, sold it, regret it.
Model 13- the world needs a blue fixed sight K-frame .357 right now.

Should make:

A 610 or 310 Mountain Gun in 10mm. Come on! It'd sell...honest.

How about you?
The Schofield with a slightly longer cylinder, and a thicker front sight, in 45 Colt and 44-40.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
the American/1st Model Russian. Make the American in .44 Special, and the Russian in .44 Russian for the purist. I’ll take the American. Not unrealistic since they did remake the Schofield as mentioned above. But since Uberti is coming out with one soon I‘lol get one of those.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1950 .44 Military
1950 .44 Target
L-frame revolver taking a .41 Special-type load.
All of this would be dependent on them making the guns as they used to be. I haven’t bought a new Smith&Wesson since they introduced the Saf-T-Lok frame. Plenty of good old ones out there. Smith&Wesson currently doesn’t make a single product worth buying.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick, that's a cool idea. Does the Hornet work better than the Jet in a revolver?

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
I'd be happy with a Model 19 snubby with pinned barrel and front sight.

Reactions: Colt75 and Uplander

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Rick, that's a cool idea. Does the Hornet work better than the Jet in a revolver?
The .22 Jet works fine in a completely dry charging hole. The Hornet doesn't have the radical taper of the Jet so it may work better. You know, the 5.7 x 28mm FN might be just the ticket for a revolver!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
S&W model 19 Snubby
S&W model 58 -- but chambered in .45 Colt.
S&W model 29 -- made like they used to with no underlug barrel

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
HUH? The last S&W .44 with "no underlug barrel" was the .44 HE 2nd model. All .44 magnums and model 29's have the underlug barrel.
This is a S&W hand ejector example, #45493. Shipped 9-6-1935 To Geo. Potchernick (A Gun & Sporting Goods Store), San Antonio, TX.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Nice .44 HE 2nd model, they were made until 1940. Is that a 5" barrel?
Yes, it is a 5" barrel. This was given to me by friend Stokes Micenheimer, a law officer (Deputy Sheriff and Chief Of Police) in Jim Wells County, TX 1938-53, and then forman of the Archie Parr Ranch in Duval County.

I think that my one-time neighbor, J. D. Clair Smith, had refinished this S&W for Stokes. Clair Smith worked on many S. Texas lawmen's guns, including those of Texas Ranger W. A. Russell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts