Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know where one of these sets is located. I'm not sure about the original box/docs but this exact set in the presentation case. I'm waiting to see what this auction does before I decide if I want to buy it or not.
With the price of Pythons going through the roof, this might be a nice set to have.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
fvwiiove avepj90-0

See what happens?
That set just made me change my keyboard so that I can hang the other one out to dry!

Let's see what these babies are going for in 4 days.

·
Registered
323 Posts
And then one day in a weak moment you decide to actually SHOOT one of them...
Don

·
Administrator
7,305 Posts
I guess for me it's tough to get excited about some of these limited runs because I remember selling them in the store as they were introduced .

Nice pair /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have to agree Guy. I see far to many cased sets languishing at shows with prices below what some of them sold for originally. This set will probably hold its value, because of what they are, if the selling price is within reason, which I don't expect it to be.

These are beautiful, but for me they are not my type of collector guns. If you have the money to buy them because you like them, and won't miss the money, have at it, and best of luck.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Artifical scarcity items (items created to be "collectors items") do not appeal to me. They do to some. I agree that often they do not bring their original cost. Like someone said in regard to the many Winchester Model 94 commeratives, they should have kept the boxes and thrown away the guns.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Appr. 2 hours and 5 minutes left , it's gonna sel for at least $2775.-.

And in the end it went for $3475!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts