Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...who knows? It seems like the upgrade is slow in coming. I agree, it's as slow as in the past now and I'm on a Mac G5 with cable, not dial-up. "They" say it will transition but I don't know when.

------------------
C&L

·
Registered
132 Posts
Once again I can't get on the Smith & Wesson forum (or I'd post this there). Does anyone know what's up there? At least half the time I can't get on; I get a Page Cannot Be Displayed message. It's not me--it's gotta be the site. What gives?

Bill

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Was slow yesterday,both at home(cable)and work(hi speed),but better today. Looks to me like "the transition format",may become permanent.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It was a little slow for 'bout an hour yesterday,but has been fine the remainder of time. You haven't said something to upset the "worthy" over there? Bud

·
Registered
132 Posts
No, I think they LIKE me over there. Maybe it's my machine. I just can't get on; I get that Page Cannot Be Displayed thing after a long wait. Hitting refresh brings that screen up again.

Frustrating.

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem. They must be aware of it??

I cant get on at all during busy times like early evening, and on Friday night.

Its real frustrating. I missed out on some S&W Gold boxes that I need because I could not get access.

The server must be overloaded.

·
Registered
132 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCM298A:
Try this site:
http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/cgi-bin/sandwcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

When they made a recent upgrade, they changed something and I had to adjust my link,

John
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This doesn't work either; haven't been able to get on all day. I DID get on last Friday, I think it was, and sent a message to the webmaster. He opined it was my machine, but I don't think so.

Bill

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bill A,

I have cable. A few months ago, I had a problem getting to some sites, all gun related. I contacted Cox, thinking that maybe the company was an "anti". The computor guy, who was a "gun nut", talked me through a "fix". I have no idea what I did as I simply followed his instuctions. He had me make adjustments in this "devil's device" in areas that I didn't know existed. I've had no problem since.

I just tried the link you posted and it took me right to the Smith forum. Do a search on Google, find the Smith forum, go there and add that site to your favorites.

You can also go to this forum on Glock Talk:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=86

The members at that site have been a big help to me in curing problems that I sometimes encounter,

John

·
Registered
132 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCM298A:
Bill A,

I have cable. A few months ago, I had a problem getting to some sites, all gun related. I contacted Cox, thinking that maybe the company was an "anti". The computor guy, who was a "gun nut", talked me through a "fix". I have no idea what I did as I simply followed his instuctions. He had me make adjustments in this "devil's device" in areas that I didn't know existed. I've had no problem since.

I just tried the link you posted and it took me right to the Smith forum. Do a search on Google, find the Smith forum, go there and add that site to your favorites.

You can also go to this forum on Glock Talk:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=86

The members at that site have been a big help to me in curing problems that I sometimes encounter,

John
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, no it's not that I'm blocked from guns sites (no pun intended); I have no prob getting on this or other gun sites. I've tried getting on through various routes, to no avail. Sometimes (for example, today at noon)no problem; other times, like two minutes ago, repeated failures.

A mystery to me.

Best,
bill

[This message has been edited by Bill A (edited 03-16-2005).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts