Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a number of members of this forum are also members of the S & W Forum, as I had been. I really need some assistance from y'all. I have changed my ISP and of course my e-mail address changed.
The S & W Forum does not accept AOL addresses so I had been using; [email protected] which worked fine until my e-mail changed to; [email protected] AT this point, the S & W Forum would not recognize me nor would it accept any e-mail from me.
What I need is for someone who is a member of both forums to contact their admin people and see if I can come in out of the cold. I know that this is a Colt forum but I have numerous pieces from both Colt and S & W (no Rugers tho) I would really appreciate the help TIA.

Jack Duggan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still unable to log on to the S & W Forum, I'm so annoyed that I feel like getting rid of my Triple Lock, early H.E's and so forth and going completely Colt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jack,

Give it a few more days. I think I remember reading over there (am .357magger on that "side") that admins were traveling for the holidays. But if you really want to "dump" your S&W's.....ALWAYS looking. Just kidding (NOT).

Good luck and let me know (via email in profile) if I can assist you in "coming in from the cold".

Tim

·
Registered
991 Posts
You should re-register as a new member with the new email address. You'll lose your status (# of posts), but that's no big deal.

·
Registered
144 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The S & W Forum does not accept AOL addresses . . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I use AOL and have been active on the S&W Forum for several years with no problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John:
I attempted to register with my AOL address:[email protected] and I keep getting a message stating that that e-mail address is banned from this forum. This has me baffled and I cannot communicate with any of the administrators.But thanks for the input.
Jack Duggan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really appreciate the help,patience and tips from the members of this forum, gun people are great people!
I finally was able to register on the S&W forum using FastMail.fm ( apparently this is an approved e-mail address) now all that remains is for my membership to be approved. Once again, I thank all hands.
Jack Duggan

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
It is not a problem with the forums per se, but rather it is related to the fact that AOL ownership is apparently anti-gun and apparently blocks email from/to known gun forums as alluded to in the following linked post. Obviously this causes the forum administrators grief and the solution is to prohibit from the get go. Just my understanding. http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showflat...=true#Post25414 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
144 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
It is not a problem with the forums per se, but rather it is related to the fact that AOL ownership is apparently anti-gun and apparently blocks email from/to known gun forums as alluded to in the following linked post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I have AOL and am active on this forum, the S&W forum, the CZ forum and the Florida Shooters Network.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Again, I'm not the expert, but the information seems to indicate that existing registrations are continued but the control comes with new registration attempts. I was pointing out posted information and recalling previous discussion but, since I'm not the expert, any further comments would have to come from the Admin or someone who knows the technical details. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
156 Posts
I cant register on the S&W site either with my AOL address. Too bad, I like old S&W almost as much as I do the old Colt brand and would love to be able to go there and do searches if nothing else. They don't answer or even recieve my e-mails either apparently. They need to straighten that crap out. If AOL is good enough for the Colt site it's more than good enough for S&Ws site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, this will be my last post regarding my e-mail problems with the S&W forum, I guess I've bored everyone to tears by now.
The bottom line is; there are not too many options to use in registering on that forum, AOL, Yahoo and a lot of others are no longer acceptable. One e-mail host that can be used is 'fastmail.fm' and the best part is that it is free. I want to thank all hands for their patience and advice. OK, end of story.
Jack Duggan

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
I joined both forums 3-4 yrs ago using AOL . Any more , I mostly use MSN Hotmail for email . I think it's accepted at most forums .

Good luck .

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had the same problem. I re-registered with a new name password and e-mail address, aggravating, but..............

1 - 19 of 19 Posts