Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This piece of “bling” went to a Miami FL dealer in 1949.

The Mexican silver grips were obviously a later addition.

Now this is a BBQ gun!!!!

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
I've been keeping my eyes open for a 6" Model 10 or older for some time and this could be the coolest one I've ever seen. But being a fan of guns that show some wear, I wish I walked into a gun shop and saw one like CJS57's above. The letter says short actions ended in 1948 but your gun is 1949 which might be a little bit more special if there's some "transitional" collector variation out there.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The current cost for a Smith & Wesson Historical Letter from Roy Jinks is $100 as of October 1st. I'm glad I lettered most of mine back when it was announced that the cost was going from $35 to $50 some years back.
I imagine that nickel plated guns were popular in Florida. I once owned a M&P .32-20 5" in nickel finish that shipped to Knight & Wall (hardware distributor ?) in Tampa in 1926. The finish did show some signs of flaking on the sideplate but not too bad. The humid environment must have been a real challenge.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice gun. I had a nickel Pre-15 that was shipped to the same store a few decades later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts