Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this little guy from a member of the S&W forum for a really good price. Cut down and renickeled but really professionally done.
Mechanically perfect. Serial number is 237529 so it is a 5th model made sometime between 1907 and 1940.
The only reason I got this before Muddyboot is I was quicker to PM the owner :)
Sorry Muddyboot!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The barrel appears to be marked .32 S&W ctg if my eye are working right.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.38 S&W

I like how the gunsmith that did the work did the front sight. It appears to be a blade off a later Hand Ejector soldered on. It totally looks like factory work.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Think I'd mount a scope on that and go hunting. HA! That's a sweet little piece. Would even make a nice carry gun. I really like the sculpted trigger on it!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I bought this little guy from a member of the S&W forum for a really good price. Cut down and renickeled but really professionally done.
Mechanically perfect. Serial number is 237529 so it is a 5th model made sometime between 1907 and 1940.
The only reason I got this before Muddyboot is I was quicker to PM the owner :)
Sorry Muddyboot!

Damn, how did I miss that one :bang_wall:. Great snag Erik. I don't reload .38 S&W yet, but I do have some dies and plan to reload for that round someday.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Maybe someone can start a Thread for the .38 S&W / .38 Colt New Police Cartridge, and, we can all share re-Loading info and pictures of some of our Revolvers and other fun tid bits.

I myself have a few Revolvers in that Cartridge and I have been looking forward to re-loading for it.

My circa 1908 or so Police Positive in .38 NP is one of the sweetest ( and surprisingly accurate ) Revolvers of all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts