Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local gun store has two of these. The 1903 is 10k and the 1930 is 17k. They are far from mint. I didn’t get pics, but he says that’s the blue book. The 1930 has 7.5” barrel and the 03 has 4.75. I think. Any way these prices are accurate? Or for that number do they have to come strapped to the remains of the original owners?

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Condition plus story can bring high prices, however they do sound way overpriced. If you could post pictures it would help.
Jim

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, I wasn’t in a position to take pics. I can’t imagine story is worth 10k. They looked like run of the mill SAA

·
Premium Member
19,604 Posts
The local gun store owner sounds like a lot of them in my area. When they get in a gun they know very little about, they consult their BlueBook. Of course, they pick out the highest value without considering the issue of CONDITION. Wouldn't it be interesting to know how much they paid for the guns.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel like first of all I’ve got a pretty decent education on single action armies after reading this forum,watching you guys tear apart guns, learning to look what to look for etc. it seems to me the 5 to 7K gets you one hell of a single action army. I cannot imagine spending 10 to 17 for what were clearly mediocre examples. If I get back to take a look with some pictures I will but I also don’t wanna be that guy in the store.Maybe we are all wrong and they are both the gun to kill Jesse James and Abraham Lincoln who knows!

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
You likely saw this already?

Darn few really nice, early 1900s Colts that can't be had for under $5K.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This guy nailed it. Those guns were in no better condition than the ranger gun. Speaking of which, if EVERY member gave me say, $20, I could be the happiest man on earth and think of all of you dearly, every single time I held it... 😉

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I bet I would have had a hard time suppressing my laughter when he quoted me those prices. Of course when he mentioned the blue book all bets would be off.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You likely saw this already?

Darn few really nice, early 1900s Colts that can't be had for under $5K.

That 3rd gun is really nice, assuming the bore isn’t rotten.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Local gun store has two of these. The 1903 is 10k and the 1930 is 17k. They are far from mint. I didn’t get pics, but he says that’s the blue book. The 1930 has 7.5” barrel and the 03 has 4.75. I think. Any way these prices are accurate? Or for that number do they have to come strapped to the remains of the original owners?
That store owner is on drugs! Those prices are crazy! A 1930 era in MINT unturned condition, owned by the president of Colt... maybe would fetch that kind of money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have one in 45 cal nickel made in 1883 with colt letter coming foe 3k

1 - 20 of 22 Posts