Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Yours is a Third Generation Single Action Army - and they did chamber them in .44 Special.

There's no gap in the serial number, by the way - it should read as: SA480XX.

The grips look like 'Buffalo Brothers' or 'Gripmaker' grips - the skull should fit the palm of your right hand nicely, and will aid in shooting comfortably.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
THEY MADE QUITE A FEW of these. There is nothing special about them perse', but they are among the most accurate of the COLT SAA bigbore sixguns. ALL four of mine shoot like a champ with the popular standard handloads. Afew weeks ago I was knocking the stew outta six inch plates at 100 yards with 'em. THEY never missed once, I did, but they never did as the bullet went exactly where the front sight was when the hammer fell.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Desirable caliber that is currently only available by special order (and I don't think Colt is currently taking new orders). With no box or papers and aftermarket stocks, I would guesstimate about $1200 to $1300 depending on how bad you want to sell it. If you sell it might want to list it here. Much better class of buyers.;)

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
I acquired a pristine .44 special with 4 3/4" barrel blue and case in a hardwood presentation case about four months ago for $1250. I more recently picked up a .44 special 4 3/4" nickel in a trade. It was priced at $1350, however I came out a little better with the trade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.