·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sam colt centennial
1500$ very faint turn line,
spot of rust on the top of the frame
located at pintos guns, Renton wa
they are asking 1500$ it is a consignment there. No affiliation to it or pintos, just thought someone here might have an interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I agree with Gator89, buy it and shoot it.
You can always change out the nickel parts for something less gaudy. Just keep them in case of a resale or trade.

The rust appears to be fairly superficial in those pictures. Some Kroil and some gentle rubbing with a Big45 pad will take care of that.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I just bought a 1st Gen. .32-20 with 4 3/4" barrel from Collectors Firearms. If I hadn't done that, I would buy the gun, send it to LAB, and have him blue the nickel parts and CCH the hammer. Well, after a short conversation with myself, I decided to buy the gun if it is still available. Waiting for the shop to call me back.
Bill

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
We’re you able to get ihe pistol, bill?
I got a hold of the shop, and told the guy what I wanted. He said it was still there and I could come and pick it up. I explained I lived in Ohio and he seemed perplexed, as if he didn't know what to do. He said the owner was out of town until sometime next week, so he left her a note about me buying it.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I just bought a 1st Gen. .32-20 with 4 3/4" barrel from Collectors Firearms. If I hadn't done that, I would buy the gun, send it to LAB, and have him blue the nickel parts and CCH the hammer. Well, after a short conversation with myself, I decided to buy the gun if it is still available. Waiting for the shop to call me back.
Bill
I got a hold of the shop, and told the guy what I wanted. He said it was still there and I could come and pick it up. I explained I lived in Ohio and he seemed perplexed, as if he didn't know what to do. He said the owner was out of town until sometime next week, so he left her a note about me buying it.
I can't tell from your posts...did you go ahead and make the purchase over the phone, or just leave it with the note to the owner saying you wanted it?

Plus, I'm really curious about something. If you bought this gun...saying you paid the $1500 for it...and it being a commemorative and all...why would you want to modify it to the degree you said? Not about the extra money, just why would you change the appearance of a sort of special gun put out by Colt? Just personal preference? I know some people don't think much of commemoratives...but still, why change it?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I can't tell from your posts...did you go ahead and make the purchase over the phone, or just leave it with the note to the owner saying you wanted it?

Plus, I'm really curious about something. If you bought this gun...saying you paid the $1500 for it...and it being a commemorative and all...why would you want to modify it to the degree you said? Not about the extra money, just why would you change the appearance of a sort of special gun put out by Colt? Just personal preference? I know some people don't think much of commemoratives...but still, why change it?
I'm waiting for the owner to return home. I don't like nickel SAA's or Pinto's and am not into Commemoratives, and I don't like Colt SAA's with blued frames and polished sided hammers.. I'm a blue & CCH guy. As the owner is not returning until next week, I have time to reconsider purchasing the gun, and just hold off and buy another 1st Gen. that is really more to my liking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts