Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read something by an esteemed Colt aficionado that the current Colt SAA's are being made in NJ and assembled in the CT plant. As such all SAA machinery moved to NJ as well. It was mentioned that this was due to the anti-gun laws in CT as well as Union issues. I will add that it was said as well that this was verified by a member of the Colt Coll. Assoc.

Interesting. Anyone else heard/read this?

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I am not sure how Jersey is a utopia of gun friendly laws and non union labor........this really doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Wrong. I was at the Colt factory a short while ago and saw Colt SAA forgings, ready for the next step. I watched SAAs go through the entire manufacturing process, from forgings to finished product. All in West Hartford. Last time I heard one of these stories, it was about Colts being produced in S Korea. This secret info was passed on to a local gunshop that had an inside connection to a large Colt distributor.

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
Wrong. I was at the Colt factory a short while ago and saw Colt SAA forgings, ready for the next step. I watched SAAs go through the entire manufacturing process, from forgings to finished product. All in West Hartford. Last time I heard one of these stories, it was about Colts being produced in S Korea. This secret info was passed on to a local gunshop that had an inside connection to a large Colt distributor.
OIF2, obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.
I heard from a friend who has a 3rd cousin who works at a truck stop who heard a trucker say that he was delivering cast pot metal Colt SAA receivers from the dock in Baja California where ships from North Korea were delivering them.
They're actually assembled in a garage in East St Louis and shipped to Colt in Hartford where the stamps are applied and they're boxed for sales.

Personally, I don't put much credence in this, I don't think there are enough people in East St Louis who are sober enough to do the assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts