Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am helping a friend clean out some boxes at his gun shop and I have come across 2 sets of SAA grips I would like some help with. I love my Colt 1911's but don't have a lot of knowledge about SAA's. The first pair is black and from what I can find on EBAY are the eagle and shield variation. They have no marks and don't appear to have ever been on a gun. The second set is "pearl" and have silver Colt medallions. I thought these might be Jay Scott, but do not have the wooden backing that I see on the JS stuff. Can someone point me to material about these grips or give me some idea as to what I have. I thank you for your time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The checkered grips are from a Frontier Scout (or member of that family), the 22 rimfire SA Colt made from the late 50s into the 70s.

·
Premium Member
6,468 Posts
The black stocks are for the Peacemaker .22s and New Frontier .22s. The black stocks used on the Scouts didn't have the Eagles. I think the Pearl (or fake pearl) stocks are for the SAA or New Frontier. Don't think they have ever been on a gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts