Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my 3rd gen SAA gripframe back from Patrick Grashorn with a set of beautiful Stags on it, can anyone tell me what the correct reinstallation process is. When I removed it by taking 2 screws behind the hammer and 3 in the trigger guard I noticed a spring loaded affect. To make putting it back together easier should I remove the main spring, reinstall the grip frame and then install the main spring, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called my local Smith and he said to put the the 2 screws behind the trigger in first, this got me going, every thing went fine for the rest of the install. I just didnt want to put the wrong screws in first and create a bind with the spring tension.

BTW Patrick Grashorns grips are gorgeous and I highly recommend his work for Elk Stags.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
For changing 1pc stocks-grips, I never remove the triggergaurd, just take off the backstrap (3 screws). That way, you don't have to worry about the mainspring.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Mainspring should be removed or loose. Install the two rear screws in the TG but do not tighten, install the front TG screw tight, then tighten the two rear screws. Install mainspring. Install the two top backstrap screws but do not tighten, install the bottom screw and tighten, then tighten the two top screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts