Colt Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Thanks SM!. Beautiful design on that rig. Every thing you need and nothing you don't. Easy to see why Brill's design was a favorite of the Texas Rangers.

Have yet to find a commercial maker that is doing a worthy copy of the Brill. Love to hear of any one that is currently.
I think he'll make you whatever you want.

https://www.wmbrownholster.com/

For nearly 35- years Bill Brown has been creating the finest handmade leather for consumers as well as for Hollywood, present and past, authentically replicated legendary holsters from western movies just like the ones worn by John Wayne, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, and many more.

Bill also designs custom saddles, spurs and straps, rifle and knife scabbards, belts, hatbands, sterling silver buckles and conchos

All items are handmade and hand-carved by the Maker. We are still using the same tools and the same late 1800's sewing machines to produce our gun leather that my ancestors used.
Here's one of his Holsters I found in a local pawn shop. Same one on his home page (except a lefty).

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Own 2 Quality Leather Holsters created by Tom Hancock of Texas Gunslinger Holsters in Arlington, Texas

"Gunslinger" Rig

SPECS:

•Dark, Rich Mahogany Brown / Midnight Black

•Plain Design Leather

•Soft Suede Lined

•Low Drop Belt & Holster

•8/9 Oz. Leather

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.texasgunslinger.com/western_holster_rigs.html (Website)

Texas Gunslinger
PO Box 171861
Arlington, TX 76003-1861

817-565-6904 (Phone)
817-466-1090 (Fax)

[email protected] (Email)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I currently use Mike Barranti's chest holster when I am using one of my longer barrel hunting revolvers and rough side out holsters from Thad Rybka for belt use. Unfortunately like many artist in our hobby, Thad is no longer taking orders and will be retiring once he finishes his current backlog of orders.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mike Barranti's chest holster the NW Hunter for longer barrel hunting revolvers and Thad Rybka belt holsters. Unfortunately Thad is retiring and no longer taking orders.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I have and use two original Walk-n-draw Andy Anderson rigs which are my pride and joy. Also two replicas, one for gun handling practice w/o metal inside pocket and one by Alfonso’s of Hollywood. A buscadero in black by same. Several Hunter rigs. And a rare holster made by someone whose name is famous but I can’t remember it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a holster and belt I bought at an estate sale a couple years ago made by Arvo Ojala of North Hollywood Cal. The Colt is a new one made this year.
IMG00106.JPG

·
Registered
398 Posts
One of my oldest holsters that I made 50 years--crude but tough and has served me well.

I would wear yours any day of the year compared to logos , stars and glitter . Forget the loops as well , we all have pockets , Good job on a real holster . View attachment 698751
At the beginning of the tread is why you like or choose . For me the no frills , going to out last me , cross draw , cost about 20 bucks to make . Maybe a belt later .

·
Registered
9 Posts
How 'bout sharing some pictures of SAA holsters you have that might be of interest to others.
Holsters that: dress up your SAA, oldies from times past, for use in the field, unique or ya jus' like 'em.
Be sure to share 'bout the reason you like/prefer the particular leather rig, k'.
One preferred SAA field holster was from Lawrence Leather Goods, their Model 120 - aka: Sixguns by Keith.
It's compact, holds the SA up close n' out of the way for most field conditions, while allowing quick access.
Colt shown is a 1958 .44 Special.
Merickle makes some pretty fine rigs. This is the Cowboy Action Fast Draw. Has s slight forward cant. Gets you on target a whisker quicker.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts