Colt Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I bought a first generation Frontier Six Shooter that came with this hand crafted holster. I looks like something that would have been made in a line shack with whatever was available. No stitching. All laced together.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Just an FYI and I have no affiliation but I just discovered a fellow named Jason (retired LE) has opened an online gun leather store I recommend you check out.
He bought out new old stock from famous high quality belt and holster makers and his prices are great. Check him out.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Here are my 4 holsters. They all are my favorite in one way or another. The top holster was my first one. I have owned it for 30 years already. My Uncle called me up and said if you have a $100 bucks come over. I ran over! I thought he had a gun for me. It turns out it was this holster. Hand made by the man that taught him how to fast draw back in the 50s. The rig was a little big for me at the time. Now I use the last belt hole. Funny how that happens over time.
The 2nd belt which is the most plan is my favorite for fast draw. The holster is a Viking holster with a steel lining like Orva Ojala used. I can thumb my SAA the best using this rig.
The 3rd holster is pretty fancy and my favorite when I want to play and practice twirling.
The 4th well it's a Hondo belt so whats not to love.
Now I am on the hunt for some "Duke " marked 45 LC brass or cartridges to put in my belt. Anyone have a few they would part with?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
How 'bout sharing some pictures of SAA holsters you have that might be of interest to others.
Holsters that: dress up your SAA, oldies from times past, for use in the field, unique or ya jus' like 'em.
Be sure to share 'bout the reason you like/prefer the particular leather rig, k'.
One preferred SAA field holster was from Lawrence Leather Goods, their Model 120 - aka: Sixguns by Keith.
It's compact, holds the SA up close n' out of the way for most field conditions, while allowing quick access.
Colt shown is a 1958 .44 Special.
Here's a Bob Mernickel holster. I have one in black also. Can be used "strong side" or "cross draw"
Mernickel holster.JPG
Mernickel holster.JPG

141 - 155 of 155 Posts