Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
it is personal to me but if i had my rathers i would go with 1 piece ,no medallions
i think it looks better and will sell better/faster if the need came about.

·
Premium Member
7,861 Posts
+1 for eagle's sentiments on the ivory grips. It's preference on either one.... And I own and like the two piece, but the 2 piece is the suit and tie and the 1 piece is the tuxedo ... Strictly my opinion there. I do believe also that the 1 piece will sell faster as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Any time you have to poke a hole in Ivory you do it disservice. Holes can lead to cracks over time. Properly shaped and sealed Ivory will retain its finished form for long periods of time ( years ). Witness the historical Ivory from Colt in its early years. Those firearms held in collections are still beautiful. It is only a personal preference, but I reason a good one. I completed, some years ago, a set of Colt and Winchester rifle, both stocked in Ivory. Both still are perfect and undamaged, because I sealed them correctly at the start. Q

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I don't snub my nose at two-piece grips, but one piece grips are cleaner looking.

You can also split the difference by using a blind screw :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I believe most, if not all, modern one piece are actually 2 piece with a spacer. I much prefer that look to the 2 piece with a screw.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
:cool:Definitely one piece, especially if you are going to carve on them:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts