Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I'm new to the forum and joined specifically to learn about the Colts my father left me. I realize the sentimental value of an inherited gun, and I have about 15 semi-autos that I intend to keep - but I'm not much of a Revolver girl. (although, I may I'll keep one of the New Frontiers, just for fun)

My research so far has established that my GEN 3 guns were produced between 1978 - 1980.
  • SAA 7-1/2" .45 SN: SA095xx (1978)
  • SAA 4-3/4" .44 SN: SA381xx (1980)
  • SAA 3" 44/40 SN: SA417xx (1980)
  • SAA New Frontier 7-1/2" .44 Special SN: 022xxNF

The items I'd appreciate help dating are:

• New Frontier .22 SN 1684xx
  • NRA 100th Anniversary (in wooden display box) SN NRA6379
  • NRA 100th Anniversary (in wooden display box) SN NRA6380

I would also appreciate any help in pricing these for sale. They are all NIB, with a good coating of Cosmoline as a rust preventavitive (my dad was a dealer and a collector for many years). I practically gave away 12 'brothers' about 10 years ago, but I'd like to make a little $$ off of the remaining family.

Thanks for any help provided. and Thanks for the GREAT forum! I've spent hours just reading the posts and remembering conversations with my dad!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!
I'm new to the forum and joined specifically to learn about the Colts my father left me. I realize the sentimental value of an inherited gun, and I have about 15 semi-autos that I intend to keep - but I'm not much of a Revolver girl. (although, I may I'll keep one of the New Frontiers, just for fun)

My research so far has established that my GEN 3 guns were produced between 1978 - 1980.

• SAA 7-1/2" .45 SN: SA095xx (1978)
  • SAA 4-3/4" .44 SN: SA381xx (1980)
  • SAA 3" 44/40 SN: SA417xx (1980)
  • SAA New Frontier 7-1/2" .44 Special SN: 022xxNF

The items I'd appreciate help dating are:

• New Frontier .22 SN 1684xx
  • NRA 100th Anniversary (in wooden display box) SN NRA6379
  • NRA 100th Anniversary (in wooden display box) SN NRA6380

I would also appreciate any help in pricing these for sale. They are all NIB, with a good coating of Cosmoline as a rust preventavitive (my dad was a dealer and a collector for many years). I practically gave away 12 'brothers' about 10 years ago, but I'd like to make a little $$ off of the remaining family.

Thanks for any help provided. and Thanks for the GREAT forum! I've spent hours just reading the posts and remembering conversations with my dad!
I would price the 2 nra as a pair the serial numbers are numerical order. You probably realised that though.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

{ Any pictures would help us help you...it's one thing to date an item, that's pretty much set in stone...but condition and therefore price are both relative and subjective. }

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
I’ll chime in. $1400 for the top SAAs and New Frontier and 1500 for the sheriffs 44-40.
New Frontier 22-$500
1300 for the NRA models if 45. 1100 if .357.

The above pricing should sell your guns guns fairly fast. You could start at $100 higher if you wanted to maybe wait it out for the best price. You didn’t mention which state you reside but if you could find a FFL that would ship the guns through the post office, that would help them sell as the shipping is much less than UPS or Fed-Ex. Be ready to send good pics of the guns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts