Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAA owners do you shoot your 1st 2nd and 3rd gen. SAAs
and if you do how is the recoil on those old guns particularly the the first gens ?
Anyone have any pics of their SAAs.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
here`s an early 3rd i bought new about 1979. i have shot it, but not a whole lot. also shown is a holster rig i made about the same time.i have wet moulded a bunch of holsters with this gun, and the blue on the top of the frt. site is the only wear on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is a pic of my nickel plated Colt Single Action Army with 5 1/2" barrel and chambered in .45 Colt purchase NIB ~1994.

Yes, I shot it on one or two occasions a few years ago and have put less than 50 rounds of my (mild) personal handloads through it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing your pics guys,beautiful guns.
I just simply cant wait to get one new or used doesn't
matter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an early 3rd Gen SAA New Frontier that I bought NIB out of an estate. I do shoot it but only with very mild handloads and I am very careful with it, but I don't holster it for fear of blue wear (though I would love to carry it). It is very accurate and the recoil isn't bad at all (.45 cal 255 gr bullet) they just kind of roll back in your hand. Really neat to shoot.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a third gen .357Mag that I shoot about every time I go to the range, no matter what else I take. Get some odd looks sometimes from people who just can't believe anyone would do that to a SAA! That's what it was made for, and it is fun to shoot.

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
I shoot my 2nd Gen .45 every so often . I bought it used around 1980 .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Among some others I have a second generation 357 that I shoot 38's out of quite a bit. I bought it used on consignment a few years ago. The owner, store manager nor I knew it was 2nd generation untill I got it home. Had to be one of the best deals I ever got! Love the gun.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here is a 1st gen Bisley 44-40 just restored by Bill Adair of Texas . Wish I could take better photos. She was a junker now shes a beautiful shooter!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
acre5 -
Meet me @ Spotsylvania Mall and bring your Colt. I'll take it home and take some better pics for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts